Monday, March 7, 2011

What is the deal with Remington?

Do they have anyone working in quality control?  In my latest issue of Guns And Ammo magazine there is an advertisement stating not to fire certain lots of Remington 45 grain  .22 Hornet ammunition.  Then further back in the magazine there is another advertisement saying not to fire your Remington Versa Max shotgun.

Last year I purchased a box of Remington 00 buck 12 gauge ammunition and it must've been slightly out of spec because it was difficult to chamber.  That was the first time I'd ever run across shotgun ammo that was difficult to chamber.  And I also purchased two 550 round bulk packs of Remington .22 shells.  We tried about three magazines full of them in a semi auto .22 and experienced five or six misfires, squib loads. They were noticeably quieter than the rest of the ammunition and of course they jammed up the gun.  I got so disgusted that I gave all of the rest of this .22 ammo to my little nephew to use in his lever action rifle, $30.00 worth of shells.  Then I typed out a letter detailing these problems with the ammunition and mailed it to Remington.  I received no response whatsoever.

Do they even care?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for
    the nice info you could have here on this post. I will be coming back
    to your blog for extra soon.

    Here is my webpage ... semi-formal dresses for tween girls

    ReplyDelete