Monday, February 14, 2011

I won't be doing too many of these but this one was just too good to pass up

I recently picked a new primary care doctor.  After two
visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly
well' for my age. (I just turned sixty-something.)

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist
asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard
liquor?

'Oh no,' I replied.  'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued
ribs?

I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat
is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf,
boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have lots of
sex?'

No,' I said . . .



He looked at me and said, . . .  'Then, why do you even give
a shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment